Saturday, July 25, 2009

Do you love food? Read this.



I spent the last few days in the lap of luxury -- being spoiled by family and friends down in LA. Amazing food (corn risotto, grilled vegetable and goat cheese salad, heirloom tomatoes in pesto vinaigrette, maple-glazed cedar plank salmon and more -- too much more) and good times. Lots of good times.


On my bedside table at my sister Kate's house was a Godiva chocolate bar and the book I'd sent her for her birthday: "A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table" by Molly Wizenberg. Wizenberg has penned a lovely memoir of family and food. She's a funny, honest writer, and she conveys her love of all things delicious with a heartfelt passion that's addicting. Each chapter focuses on a poignant story from the author's life and concludes with a mouth-watering recipe. I devoured the book -- can't wait to try every recipe


Lucky for all of us, Wizenberg writes a food blog -- Orangette -- and it's just as tasty as the book. Prepare to get hungry and click here.

No comments: