Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh, Man, Rivers!

Delicious food, huge menu, spectacular view, servers who seem bound and determined to please their customers...... Oh, yes, this place is going places.

When we want to eat on the river, Craig and I usually pack a picnic and head out to the river trail. Not bad, but sometimes we crave a riverside meal without the bugs and dirt.

So it was with great pleasure that we enjoyed a "preview" lunch today, at Rivers. (at 202 Hemsted Drive, Redding, (530) 223-5606)

What a treat!

The spinach salad with pears, blue cheese and candied walnuts was yummy. Lovely to look at, the dressing was just tangy enough, and the portion was more than I could eat.

Craig enjoyed a cream of asparagus soup that was rich, flavorful, and a seafood kabob served on a generous portion of scrumptious mashed potatoes. I watched many beautifully presented dishes go by, and heard lots of rave reviews from happy diners on their way out.

Dessert was one of my favorites - Bananas Foster. Again, presented artistically and just right for sharing.

The lunch menu offered a huge variety -- salads, panini, burgers, wrap sandwiches, pastas, seafood and more.

I also happen to be a connoisseur of restaurant Ladies Rooms -- and the one at Rivers is outstanding - decorated in muted blues and browns, lovely tile work and flooring, and soft (read "flattering") lighting. All good. Someday I'll stop being surprised by automatically flushing toilets. Soon, I hope.

A great new Special Occasion Place for the North State. And since I'm a big fan of the Sacramento River - I do a lot of my writing out there -- I can't wait to enjoy drinks out on the patio.

Cheers!

No comments: