Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Father Knows Best

I spent four days last week in San Jose, helping my sister who is recovering from surgery. Craig took the boys to work with him and chauffeured them to their various activities.

Friday, all three kids (ages 19, 17 and 13) stayed home to catch up on chores. This is the list Craig left for them:

Welcome to your day off. Everyone must be up and working by 10 AM.

KITCHEN – Clean all counters, sink and drain board. Dishes, pots and pans put away.

LIVINGROOM – Put everything away. Dust and vacuum. You know what it should look like. If not: Move out.

LAUNDRY – Fold and put away all clothes. I don’t care who they belong to. Wash all clothes and towels. Put away. If you don’t know what I mean: Move out!

BACK PATIO - Leaf blow, clean, organize. I’ve explained it many times. If you don’t know what I mean: Move out. Do you get the picture?

BATHROOMS – Clean toilets, sinks, floors, towels. Don’t make me micro-manage. If I need to: Move out.

Mom will be home at 2. All work must be complete prior to her arrival. If you cannot handle it, have your bags packed and I’ll drop you at the bus stop.

Love,

Dad

No comments: