Sunday, December 7, 2008

To Paradise, By Way of Lake Wobegon

Craig had a job to do in Paradise last week, and I got to tag along. For the journey, I popped a couple Prairie Home Companion CDs into the player and it made for a lovely drive.

I am now ready to publicly declare: I have a crush on Garrison Keillor.

George Clooney had a nice long run as the object of my affection, but really -- chiseled features and twinkling eyes can only take you so far. I'm completely hooked on Keillor's gentle humor, keen insight, his humility and optimism.

My husband doesn't read this blog, so I don't have to worry about his opinion on the subject. A selective lack of attention to detail is one of the reasons we remain "Still Married."

Why Keillor? Yes - he has a face made for radio. But he makes me laugh, makes me believe that people are good. He's keeping radio and traditional music alive and lively.

And he's a songwriter's songwriter:



You can enjoy Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion in on KFPR (Redding: 88.9, Chico 91.7) at 6 on Saturday night and 11 AM Sunday morning.

Read more and listen to snippets from the show at the Prairie Home Companion website.

And if you develop a craving for Beebopareebop Rhubarb Pie and an inexplicable infatuation with Mr. Keillor, it's perfectly understandable. What's not to love?

No comments: