Monday, January 5, 2009

Art Hop Kick Off Concert & Contest

When I think about Redding's Art Hop, I am reminded of a quote from Margaret Mead:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. "

From out of nowhere, The Art Hop has become The Thing To Do in Redding. How great is that?

Redding's premiere art event has gained momentum every month since its inception and the Redding Arts Community is buzzing, vibrant and thriving -- due in great measure to the work of Art Hop organizers Adam Mankoski and Troy Hawkins of Hawkman Studios. Amazing job, guys. Kudos, too, to the Art Hop sponsors and venues.

Craig and I are thrilled and honored to bring our original tunes to Backyard Destinations on Saturday, from 5-6, for the Art Hop Kick Off Concert. Please join us at this friendly, inviting venue, and then spend a lovely evening Art Hopping all over town.

You can find this month's Art Hop map in the January issue of Enjoy Magazine.

Will you be at the Kick Off Concert? I'll hand over a free copy of our new CD (a lame prize, I know, but it's all I've got) to the first person who posts a correct answer to this question:

What was the date of the first Art Hop in Redding?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be cheating for me to answer, but I'll give your readers a hint: the month starts with "J." See you all at the kick-off. And big thanks to Still Married for being a part of the event on Saturday!!

~ Kerri ~ said...

I was going to give somebody else a chance but since nobody else jumped in... it was July 12. A fabulous day in Redding history!

Erin said...

Kerri -

You are right - once again!

You are the reigning Still Married Blog Trivia Champ.

I now owe you two CDs - one more contest win and you will own ALL of our CDs and your music collection will be the envy of...well...no one. Sorry about that.

I was going to give your winning CD to your Mom last night, but she slipped out before I had a chance. Can I drop your prize package off at Enjoy Magazine?

Let me know...And thanks for playing.