Thursday, January 8, 2009

Halfway Home

I hate music videos, but I've found that YOUTUBE is a very handy spot for posting my songs. So I create a video with a single pic -- I try to find something that's somewhat pertinent to the song. I don't grab images off the Internet, so I'm limited to shots that come from my camera.

I wanted to post this song "Halfway Home" for awhile, but couldn't come up with the right image to go with it, til the other day. I knocked a wine glass to the floor and as I was picking up the pieces, I decided to have some fun. A couple pictures, a little photo shopping...I got what I wanted.

The song is a laundry list of my shortcomings. But every time I sing it, I get the feeling I'm heading in the right direction.



Halfway Home
words and music © Erin Coombs Friedman

Halfway between the earth and sky
Which way is home to a lightning strike?
Racing full speed down a one-way street
Heading the wrong way gets me halfway to my destiny

Half a smile ‘cause I don’t get the joke
Half a step behind ‘cause I don’t watch the road
Half a pint of Guinness at Cantina Mexico oh-oh-oh
Twice as far left to go
I’m Halfway Home – Halfway Home

Tellin’ half the truth in three-quarter time
Weave a web of doubt in every other line
Half empty or half full – I don’t give a damn
Cuz it don’t matter when it shatters in your hand

Half a smile ‘cause I don’t get the joke
Half a step behind ‘cause I don’t watch the road
Half a pint of Guinness at Cantina Mexico oh-oh-oh
Twice as far left to go
I’m Halfway Home – Halfway Home

No comments: